20 January 2007

Friday 29th December 2006


Yesterday, we went shopping and I ended up buying those $300 boots I was talking about. I know they are expensive, but they were real leather and why shouldn’t I have something nice? I also bought these cool sketchers boots and I’m gonna wear them today! For breakfast, we had these gross, dry pancakes and the most delicious hot chocolate in the universe – I guess you take the good with the bad! Then we went to the Apple shop and I bought my ipod. Now I just have to install my songs.

After we went shopping, it took us ages to work out which train to catch to get the Osaka Castle Park. Well we finally got there and it was so beautiful. We took heaps of awesome photos. On my photo library, you would think I was a professional photographer with all the five star photos I took!

Then we caught the train to Kyoto. The train station looked so cool. We later found out that the man who designed it was Hideo’s friend! He has friends in high places all over the world.

We caught a taxi to our hotel, dumped our stuff and then went and found a cute little Italian restaurant for tea. Steve ordered a creamy pasta dish that was pretty average and Tina and I shared a pizza – it was OK.

Then we went back to our hotel and had a long, long sleep! This morning we woke up to see snow out the window. Tiny, light little flakes of snow. It looks beautiful. Today, we are going to hopefully go on a tour, but who knows what the day holds for us.

Later…I had the best day ever so far! We started the day by walking around, but it was snowing so much and was really difficult to get around, not to mention being very cold. Steve’s feet were really hurting him because his shoes were giving him huge blisters and he couldn’t walk very far. We stopped for lunch in this cute American cafĂ© and I had this really nice toasted sandwich and Steve had bacon and eggs. Then we decided to hire some bikes for the day and we rode to the Kyoto Imperial Palace. It was a huge garden full of beautiful, tall trees and lots of shrines and temples. The buildings are magnificent. I took so many cool photos, although it is impossible to take a bad photo in such a beautiful place – you just have to point and shoot. I loved riding a bike and looking at the scenery. It was beautiful.

We got to this place called the Shokokuji Temple. We wanted to go inside and as we were looking from the outside, a monk said we could go in and have a look at the garden. We took heaps of photos of the garden – it was beautiful. Then I knocked on the door and asked the monk if we could have a look inside. He said we couldn’t go inside, but he opened a door to here a worshipping room was and he let us take a photo of it. It looked so cool.

Then we rode to this street that was quite busy with lots of people and all sorts of different restaurants. That is where we will go for tea tonight.

No comments: