20 January 2007

Wednesday 27th December 2006 (later on that night)

Today was fun! When we walked out of the hotel room, there were all these girls dolled up in their short skirts, long jackets, long boots and big hair and all these guys dressed in suits. I thought it looked like they had gone out the night before, slept in their clothes and wore them the next day, but I soon realised that almost EVERYONE was dressed like that. They are so out there with their dress sense and it really fascinated me because I could never wear what they wear.

We went shopping and I bought this Nike jacket and the girl that served me could speak in English. She was really nice. We shopped for the entire day and Tina and I discovered that we don’t fit into any of their shoes or jackets. We were so disappointed. The only shoes I fit into were some $300 boots and they were really nice. I am almost tempted to just buy them tomorrow. I am getting an ipod tomorrow from the Apple shop.

The highlight of my day was when we went to see this temple down a little, unimportant side street amongst the hustle and bustle of Osaka. Japanese people say a prayer and then pour some water onto a statue covered in moss. I don’t really understand the meaning behind it, but it was very interesting to watch. I later found out that this temple was one of the most famous temples in Osaka. While we were taking photos, this Japanese man came up to us and introduced himself and asked us about Australia. He was so fascinated by us and he said Tina and I were beautiful and Steve was handsome! Then he gave Tina and I a present of a ‘Hello Kitty’ key ring. We were so shocked and surprised he just had presents for us in his back pocket! We took a photo with him and he and his friend gave us their details and told us to email the photo to him and he wanted us to call him. He was so nice and we felt so good after talking to him. It was the highlight of my day!

No comments: