1 April 2007

My new camera in Shinjuku

I bought a new camera! YAY! On our first day in Tokyo, after putting our things in the hotel, we walked around Shinjuku and saw a massive electrical appliances store. We walked in there, found the camera I had been dying to buy, and I bought it! I quickly borrowed Tina’s already charged battery and started taking pictures with it straight away! This is my very first picture taken with my brand new camera!

We looked around the shops in Shinjuku for a while and were really impressed with what we saw. There were people EVERYWHERE! It was so crowded and busy and everyone was dressed really cool. All the guys had cool hair and were dressed in suits and they looked really good. All the girls were dressed to the nines and they all looked really nice too.

That night, Tina and I decided to hit the town in Shinjuku and try and find a place to dance. We walked around for what seemed like about an hour and we couldn’t find anywhere to go. We asked about four people and nobody knew where a good place to dance would be. We were just about to give up, when this African man came up to us and said he would take us to a hip-hop dance club. He took us to one and it was really dead and had no atmosphere so we decided to leave. Then he took us to this other one just down the road and it was the coolest club I have ever been in. It was really small, but there were heaps of guys dancing there and every guy on the dance floor looked like they had just come out of a Brittney Spears film clip! They were amazing dancers. So Tina and I got a drink and sat in awe of these awesome dancers.

Then this old man, who looked like he would have been in his sixties, started dancing on the dance floor. He was a little crazy, maybe a bit eccentric and he obviously loved dancing. I think he went to that club often because everyone seemed to know him. Anyway, he came up to me and got me up dancing. It was just him and me on the dance floor and I felt a little strange because everyone else in the club was looking at us! I soon got over it and ended up having an awesome night dancing with all these brilliant hip hop dancers. They were so cool to dance with and it was totally different to the clubs in Adelaide because they were just there to dance, nothing else…and so was I, so it worked out really well!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

yay you have a new camera. BE CAREFUL!! I liked your first picture.