1 April 2007

Sankeien Garden 30th March 2007

The Sankeien Garden was the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. We picked the perfect time of year to go and see it because the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and they looked amazing. I have never seen something look so beautiful before. I took so many photos of them, but seeing it in real life is just a totally different story. This time of year is the most beautiful time because all the cherry blossoms are in bloom and they have cherry blossom trees EVERYWHERE! Some of the streets are full of them and you could imagine how pretty they look.

The Sankeien Garden was just amazing. I took so many cool photos of the flowers and plants that grew there. There were many old homesteads that were still remained within the boundary of the garden and they were so cool. I wish I could have lived in them. There were some tiny little Japanese-style cottages surrounded by native Japanese plants, trees and flowers and to top it off, sakura (cherry blossoms). It was the best sight I have ever seen.

The garden was packed with people rushing to see the first signs of the cherry blossoms. They all brought their own picnic lunches and sat under the cherry blossom trees watching the ducks swimming in the pond. It was so serene and relaxing just walking around and seeing nothing but beauty.

After a few hours of walking around the gardens, we headed towards our hotel. Tina and I were really excited about going on the Ferris Wheel because it is a major feature in Yokohama. It is so pretty to look at in the night time because it is all lit up with colourful neon lights that change colour and pattern. Unfortunately, we missed out on going on the ferris wheel because by the time we got there, it was closed, much to Tina’s dismay and disappointment. I have never seen her crack it so much as she did when she realised she wouldn’t get to go on the ferris wheel. It was the funniest thing. Steve and I just thought, “oh well,” but Tina was beside herself with big puppy dog eyes and a sad, sorry look on her face. She was like a little kid who missed out on the last piece of Cadbury chocolate! Steve and I started laughing at her and it made her even angrier! She cracked it good and proper. If she were an egg, she would have been in one thousand pieces! She soon got over it though!

To make her feel better, Steve thought of this cool idea to take a photo under these pretty red lights. How cool does this photo look? I wish I could have said it was my idea, but I will let Steve take the cake for that one!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

I thought the gardens were awesome too - funny that! That picture is wicked, I put the exact same one on my blog!