1 April 2007

Our last day 31st March 2007

Today was our very last day on holidays before we had to head back to Himeji. This was probably the best week I have had so far in Japan with all the exciting things we did. It was so much fun and it was all very exciting and interesting. We went for a walk to the mall where all the markets were and then we found a street that followed the river through the town. The street was covered in cherry blossom trees and looked so beautiful. We stood on a bridge and admired the sight of the cherry blossoms. It was very busy and crowded that day as everybody was having a hanami party. This is a very popular Japanese tradition where family and friends get together and sit under the cherry blossom trees and have a picnic with lots of food and drinks. I can't wait to have one. It should be fun!

Remember how I was saying how disappointed Tina was for not going on the ferris wheel? Well she got her wish today and we went on the ferris wheel together and got a beautiful view of Yokohama. It was really cool. She was happy in the end!

We had lunch, picked up our things from the hotel and headed home on the shinkansen back to Himeji. Being back in Himeji is weird now. It feels like I have been away for much longer than one week. Getting off that train and seeing the main street felt so surreal. If I felt like that after leaving Himeji for one week, imagine how I am going to feel when I come back to Australia! It is going to be hard settling back into Australia after having lived in Japan for a whole year. I think I will really miss Japan when it comes time to leave. Not that I have to think about that for another nine months!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

You should count your lucky stars that I got to go on the ferris wheel :-)