18 September 2007

Shiraishi Island for the second time

I went to Shiraishi Island on the weekend. As it is near my birthday, it was a good excuse to go away for the weekend and what better place to go than Shiraishi Island? I have been there once before as you would have read in my previous entries, but this time it was different, but just as beautiful!

I went with a big group of people including Tina, Lauren, Shinya, Taube, Makoto, Kyosuke, Maya and Hisashi.

We spent the weekend swimming on the beach, dancing to the music that the DJ was playing, throwing the frisbee, going hiking up the mountain, drinking cocktails on the beach and relaxing in the sun! Sound good? It was better than good!

Kyosuke brought a net with him to the island.

When I asked him why he brought this net, he replied, “it’s to catch things with.” I asked what kind of things and he said, “fish, crabs, jellyfish and girls!” That made me laugh so much so I got Lauren to come over and he caught Lauren with his net. Kyosuke was so proud and happy that he actually caught his first girl using his net!

While we were on the beach, I got Shinya to burry me in the sand, from my feet to the top of my neck!

I have never been buried in sand up to my neck before and it felt really weird and a bit gross because my skin had all grainy bits of sand all over it! It was fun at the time, but I don’t think I would like to do it again!

The villas we stayed in were International Villas and only foreigners are allowed to book them.

They can invite Japanese people to stay in them, but only foreigners are primarily allowed to book it. It is a good way to promote tourism and attract foreigners to remote areas of Japan and it is also a good way to enable me to go relaxing at the beach! These are what the villas looked like. We got the best view of the ocean from the deck.

This photo is of Maya relaxing in a hammock reading her book on the beach in the shade. I sat in this hammock too and it was so comfortable and relaxing.


These are the cocktails we drank on the beach. I drank a pina colada and it tasted so good! I felt like I was in paradise!


Tina and Lauren decided to lap it up and drink their cans of chu-hi in the water!


That night, we got ready to go to a beach party.

There was a DJ who was playing really cool music that we could dance to. Secretly, Tina and Makoto went up to the DJ and asked him if he could sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to me. The DJ called my name out from the crowd and I went to the front and he sang ‘Happy Birthday’ and I felt really special! It was so cool and he had the most amazing voice when he sang.


This is Taube, Maya, me and Shinya dancing at the beach party.


Later that night, when we went back to the villa, we had our own little private party.

We put on the music and started to dance. Makoto was showing us his dancing moves that night and he had the funniest dancing style I have ever seen! It was so much fun and we all enjoyed ourselves that night. It was the best birthday weekend I have ever had!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love Shiraishi Island and how cool that you got to spend your birthday there!