18 September 2007

Snorkelling Trip

One of the things I really wanted to do while I was in Okinawa was to see the tropical reef. The only way to do this is to do a snorkelling or a diving tour. Tina, Lauren and I decided to go on a snorkelling tour and I am so glad we did this because the reef was just beautiful! We were taken on a boat out to the reef and four instructors lead us to a coral reef full of many different types of colourful fish and coral. It was amazing because I had never seen anything like that and I considered myself as being very lucky to have been able to see something that looks so beautiful. I saw many different kinds of interesting fish happily swimming around, feeding off the coral below. It was so much fun!

On the boat before we set out, we all got some mugichya which is cold, iced tea made from wheat. It is really refreshing and delicious on a hot, summer’s day!


This was before we went snorkelling while the boat was taking us to the reef.


On the way to the reef, there were many people fishing near a lighthouse and I thought it made for a really nice photo!


This is Tina, Lauren and I in our wetsuits all ready to go!


Lauren and I using our floating devices to keep us alive! I got to use ebichan which means “Srimp Kid.” I loved that floatie and I wanted to keep it afterwards, but I had to give it back to the instructors sadly!


These are the four diving and snorkelling instructors who took us out on the boat. Lucky us!!!


At the end, we made sure we got a photo with them just to prove that we went there!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

The view was fantastic! Underwater and above :)