20 November 2007

Kobe with Tess and Danny

During Tess and Danny’s stay in Japan, I decided to take them to Kobe. We went to many different places which they really enjoyed including China Town, Harborland and a really good yaki niku (grilled meat) restaurant.

In China Town, we got to have my most favourite Chinese sweet called goma dango.

It is a little ball covered in sesame seeds and inside it has sticky rice and bean paste. It tastes really good warm and every time I go to China Town I eat one! Tessa and Danny enjoyed walking down the China Town street lined with many Chinese restaurants and souvenir shops.

Next was Harborland. We walked around and had a look at the shops in the area and then we went on the ferris wheel. It was a really nice view – especially because we got to sit in the glass carriage so we could see everything! This is the beautiful view we had.


Tess and Danny about to ride on the ferris wheel.


On our way to the yaki niku restaurant, we saw this cute little dog which had a hat on and was just making his way down the street with his master. He was so cute that I just had to take a photo with him!


At the yaki niku restaurant, this was the first time I was able to try Kobe beef.

Kobe beef is so famous and expensive because it is such good quality meat. The farmers massage the cows every day to make the meat soft and they also feed them beer so that their muscles are relaxed. These cows get treated like kings...and then we eat them! I have never tried beef that tasted so soft and delicious before. It just melted in my mouth and I almost didn’t even have to chew it! Tess and Danny really loved the taste of it too!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yummmmm!! One day I want to have a steak of Kobe beef - I will have to start saving now!

Tinz said...

The view from the ferris wheel looked beautiful! Heaps cool to go on it at night!