21 November 2007

Silly me take two

OK. So this was actually the night of Tina’s Hawaiian birthday party. We were all merry, drinking cocktails and feeing happy and relaxed. Then all of a sudden, the police knocked on the door. They were asking for me! I was really worried at this stage (well I wasn’t really because I had had a few drinks and wasn’t caring much about anything by then!) I went to converse with the police (mind you I was wearing a grass skirt, shell bra and lais and had a cocktail in my hand at the time. Can you imagine what this looked like? Respectable police dressed in their full uniform and me dressed as a Hawaiian hula girl?) Anyway, they had actually found my purse and came to the apartment building to give it back to me – money, cash card and everything was still inside! I couldn’t believe my luck! I was so happy I felt like giving the police officer a huge kiss and hug for finding my purse, but I actually was on my best behaviour and restrained myself at the time!


In the meantime, nosey Tina was in the background listening to everything and just like a proud parent, she wanted to take a photo of me with the police officers and my newly-found purse! It was so embarrassing because the police officer didn't want to have a bar of it. Well Tina just wouldn’t listen so she took the photo anyway, and this was what eventuated! It was pretty funny now, looking back, but I’m just glad that my purse found its way back to me again! ☺

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are such a tin ass! and so, so lucky!

Tinz said...

How funny that the police came to the party - they may as well have stopped in for a drink hey??!!