21 November 2007

Silly me

I’m sure that many people can vouch for what I am about to say…I do the dumbest things sometimes! Well today was no exception! I went shopping with Tina and Lauren because Tina had a voucher to spend in one of the shopping complexes. So we had a fun day trying on clothes and eating lunch. I, for once in my life, didn’t buy anything, but enjoyed shopping with Tina and Lauren and seeing what clothes they were trying on. Anyway, towards the end of the day, Tina was a few yen short so she wanted me to lend her some change. I reached into my bag for my purse to find that it wasn’t there. I had no idea where I had put it because I hadn’t used it all day. I didn’t take it out of my bag all day.

We retraced our steps and asked all the shops we had been in if they had see my purse, but there was no such luck. It was gone.

I was really annoyed and upset because I had equivalent to $100 in my purse, plus my cash card and my foreign registration card. It was a real hassle not to have it. So I went to the police station to report my missing purse. It was a bit embarrassing going in there because as soon as I walked in the door, there were about seven police officers sitting behind a long desk (it was like I was being interviewed or something!) and they were all just silent and staring at me. Well I explained as best as I could (in really poor, broken Japanese) that I had lost my purse. I had to answer a few of their questions and then I left. I cancelled my cash card and went home.

When I got home, I still had NO idea how I had lost my purse.

…to be continued…

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Typical Marie is all I can say......