21 November 2007

Tina’s Hawaiian Birthday Party

Happy Birthday Tina!


It was Tina’s birthday on the weekend and for her birthday party, she decided to have a Hawaiian cocktail party.

Lauren was kind enough to organise for her mum to go Cheap and Chips and find grass skirts, lais and shell bras for the three of us. So we had our costume all set and they looked awesome!

The next best costume at the party was Greg’s costume. He was dressed in a wetsuit and snorkel and flippers and he even wore them all night! I was really impressed with his outfit!


We made so many nice cocktails including Pina Coladas, Midori Illusions, Bailey’s chocolate, Bounty and so many more! They all tasted so good and everyone enjoyed drinking the cocktails and making their own concoctions.

What is a party without the limbo? Well that’s what I thought anyway, so Steve Harvey and I decided to start it up using the broom. A few of us joined in and it was heaps of fun seeing who would win overall. It was a toss up between Katie and Adam, but they both did really well considering how low the bar actually got!

Makoto doing the limbo.


Me doing the limbo.


Lauren and I felt a little self conscious in our outfits at one stage because everyone else was all covered up and we had our bellies showing, so we decided to do a Steve Urkle and pull our skirts up to our shell bras for added effect. What do you think? Good look?


This is Greg, Steve N, Steve H, me, Tina, Lauren and Thomas.


Hiromi and Fumiyo (the two cutest and happiest Japanese girls I have ever met!)


At the end of the night, we all went out to the karaoke bar to practise our singing! Well it did absolutely nothing for my voice, but I did enjoy myself!


Thanks for organising a really cool cocktail party, Tini!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

What a great night! I'm glad we wore the grass skirts and the cocktails were great!

Tinz said...

I had so much fun! Such a good theme.....the cocktails were tasty as and our costumes were AWESOME!