12 June 2007

Climbing Mt Rokko

Tina and I met Paul at Kobe and we were ready to go for a hike. Paul is an Aussie who met and married a Japanese lady and he lives with her in Japan. He is really into being active and loves hiking and doing outdoor stuff, so Tina and I tag along and join him in all the expeditions he organises!


So Tina and I were feeling a little worse for ware because of our massive Saturday night, but we soldiered on and climbed the mountain! There was a beautiful herb garden at the top of the mountain that we explored and took pictures of.



When we got to the herb garden, it started bucketing down with rain, so we decided to have a coffee at the cafĂ© and wait for the rain to stop. Well it didn't, so we trekked down the mountain on the rope way (we cheated a little bit, but it couldn’t be helped!) and met Paul’s friend at the bottom of the mountain and had a bento lunch together. It was a great day and we got to see a beautiful waterfall and a pretty herb garden and we ate a yummy bento lunch at the end!


Aside from the fact that I was absolutely buggered from a long and active night the night before, I was glad that I went up the mountain. It was a great experience and I saw some beautiful scenery.

1 comment:

Tinz said...

The waterfall was so pretty and that bridge was awesome! This was a really hard hike though hey - self inflicted of course!!