29 June 2007

Lucky Me!

I just wanted to write a short entry about how lucky I am to be here just so that you know that I am appreciating every single day that I am in Japan. All you have to do is take a look at these beautiful photos to see what an amazing view I get to look at every time I ride to and from school each day. These shots are within the castle walls and I get to see this every morning and every afternoon as I ride past it. If I were you, I would be green with envy right about now!



This is the view I get as I ride within the castle walls on the way to school. You can see the moat of the castle in the background if you look closely.




This is still within the castle walls. Everything is so green because it is summer now which is the rainy season in Japan and it rains almost everyday! It makes all the trees and plants look so alive and vibrant!




This is the river that I ride past just before I reach the castle. It is so cool riding along the river in the morning on a hot and sticky day and it reminds me a lot of Linear Park in Adelaide.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. You are so lucky that you get to bike through there every day. I bike through there maybe 2-3 times each week and I'm always so happy! Just looking at your pictures makes me smile.

Lauren said...

I know how you feel Marie! I love every moment in Japan too and couldn't imagine being anywhere else!

Tinz said...

The ride to school is never boring when you get to ride through the castle grounds.