29 June 2007

How Cute!

This week, the Junior High School students were having their exams, so I spent most of the week (from Tuesday to Friday) at the Elementary Schools (Primary Schools). One of the elementary schools, Itohiki Elementary School, is probably my favourite one out of the three that I go to. The kids are so cute and nice. Anyway, they all got really excited that I was spending an extra day with them and so all the kids from all the classes I taught with made me a present out of origami. I was so impressed with how good they were at folding paper and I don’t think that I could ever be as good as they are.


















Two little girls in the fourth grade made me a box full of an assortment of paper cakes. Some were chocolate, vanilla, blueberry cheesecake and they all had strawberries and cream on the top (all made out of paper, of course!).
















One small boy from the fourth grade made me a really cool swan out of tiny pieces of folded paper all put together.

















The sixth grade class that I ate lunch with that day made me a tower of paper cranes and they also sang me a song after we ate lunch. They sounded really good!

















Another girl from the fourth grade drew me this amazing picture of me. She included heaps of detail and drew the shirt I was wearing that day that had puffy sleeves and another top underneath it and she even drew the earrings I was wearing that day too! It was so good that I now have it stuck on my fridge at home. I told her the next day that I had stuck it on my fridge and she kept on saying thank you and she was so happy!




















So I had a really good week this week with the kids and I got so many cute presents from them! They also enjoyed having me there too and wanted to keep on asking me lots of questions!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love going to elementary school. The kids are so sweet and wonderful! Their origami is amazing!!!

Lauren said...

The kids in Japan are so cute! The cake box was sweet - do they know how much you like cake!

Tinz said...

I think the origami is awesome. The kids in Japan are so talented. How amazing is the swan?

Mich said...

Sounds like they all love you as much as we do Wee. The paper oragami is amazing! Great drawing too!
Glad to see you are enjoying your trip. Do you ever work tho???