13 March 2007

After the graduation ceremony...

The ceremony was ECXELLENT! I am so glad that I got to go to it today. I was so amazed by the fact that all the students looked so perfect, not a foot out of place and they were all looking straight ahead sitting as still as a statue the entire time! Good luck trying that with our kids!

All the third grade students stood up and sang a couple of songs and they sounded amazing. It brought goose bumps to my skin listening to how beautiful they sounded – three hundred students in perfect harmony and perfect unison. I don’t know how they did it. Then to top it off, the conductor was one of the students and he looked fantastic. He was so graceful with the way he moved his arms and he was so confident in the way he lead three-hundred students in perfect timing and perfect pitch. The pianist was also a student and she could play the piano so well. Not one nervous mistake. I was in awe!

At the end, this girl gave a speech. The only thing I could really understand about the speech was when she was talking about her parents and her friends that she had made at the school and I think she was talking about how she will always remember the school and the support it gave her. It was really sentimental and sweet. Then pretty much the entire audience started crying – including most of the third grade students…AND including me! I felt really dumb because I wasn’t really apart of any of it…I don’t even teach the third grade students and there I was bawling my eyes out! I just put my head down and tried not to let anyone see that I was getting all emotional. I couldn’t even really understand what was going on and I was STILL crying! How sad is that?!! Oh well, not to worry. We can keep it a secret just between you and me!

4 comments:

Tinz said...

"Oh Blanch stop blubering"..........so she blubbers hehe Who am I??

Lynn McK said...

Hi Marie, your blog is amazing, great to see your pics and read about your adventures, pity its not reality tv!!! Lynn McK

Mich said...

Would love to have seen you flower arranging! Are you available for christenings??

Anonymous said...

HI Maz... cute haircut! Danny and I had dinner at a Japanese restaurant last night and I had Okonomiyuki too. It's like a yummy vege pancake with sauce isn't it? I might casually have a look at the price of tickets to Japan now...