13 March 2007

Tuesday 13th March 2007

Today is the graduation for the third grade Junior High School students. I am so excited to see it because all of their formal events are always really good. I was almost not able to go because I was supposed to spend the day at the Elementary School today, but I asked if I could stay here instead so that I could see their graduation ceremony and luckily, they said yes. All the teachers are really nicely dressed up and they look really good. All the men are wearing suits and all the women are wearing nice black pants or skirts and nice tops. The ceremony starts at 10:00am and it’s only 8:24am. Hurry up, time!

We spent all of yesterday afternoon cleaning the school. The students got their rags and brooms and swept the floors, cleaned the windows, cleaned the walls and the entire school looks perfect! I asked what I could do and I got to follow the flower arranging lady around the school and help her arrange the flowers in the pots. I had no idea what I was doing, so she did it all and I just held the flowers. Every now and again she would give me a flower and tell me exactly where to put it in the pot to make me feel like I was actually helping, but I really wasn’t doing much! I was like her caddy!

No comments: