12 March 2007

Sunday 11th March 2007

I am back! I have gotten over the flu and I feel 100% now…YAY!!! I had a really good weekend, so I will tell you all about it...

On Saturday morning, Lauren and I had booked into this really trendy hairdressing salon in the main street of Himeji. When I saw this place weeks ago, I was really impressed with it because the people who work in there are so fashionable and their hair is awesome, so Lauren and I booked in a session. The people who did our hair were really nice. The guy who did Lauren’s hair had a haircut like Dragonball Z! He kept on telling Lauren how much he liked the show! He was wearing cowboy boots and trendy jeans with a big belt and Winnie the Pooh underwear sticking out of his jeans (he got embarrassed when we saw them and he told us not to look!!). I got my haircut all Japanesey and I think it looks really cool!



Lauren got a trim and the Dragonball Z guy made her hair look really nice and smooth. We took some photos of our hairdressers because they looked so cool!



One of the American’s who lives in our building (Julian) organised for us to go on a Japanese Sake tour of the Sake Factory in Himeji. After we got our haircuts, we got to taste all these different types of sake for free! At the beginning, the president of the sake factory was talking about how they made the wine as it is a very long process. Then they showed us a video of the entire process. It looks really tiring! We went on a tour of the factory and saw all the containers that the wine is put into. The best part was left till last which was when we got to drink free sake! It got very messy indeed!



I think sake is an acquired taste so it is the sort of drink you have to get used to as it is very strong, but it was good to taste really expensive ones for free! Check out the photo of what we had to wear when we went on the tour. Pretty cool, huh???



After the Japanese sake tour, we had tea at this really cool restaurant that makes yummy okonomiyaki. It tasted soooo good! While we were eating, some school kids came up to us and started talking to us. They were really excited to be speaking to foreigners. They were deaf, so it was pretty hard to communicate at the start, but then they gave us a notebook and a pencil and we were writing some questions down to ask them. They were really cute and we talked to them for ages. Then they asked us if we wanted to go and do puricura. I had no idea what they were talking about, but Mac was with us and he could speak Japanese and he knew exactly what they meant. Puricura is like a photo machine that you go into and take photos with your friends and then before you print them, you can put cool pictures and stars and cool boarders around them. We spent ages in there and it was lots of fun. I think the kids enjoyed it too!

By this stage, it was getting later, so we headed to a really cool bar called Coast. There was a big party there that night because some regular local guys were leaving town and they had a big party for them. There was lots of drinking and dancing and fun involved in the night. As the night got on, it got messier and messier and they brought out the whipped cream and were putting it all over people’s faces. Thank goodness they didn’t put it on my face, coz I would have killed them! When I got home, I went straight to bed and didn’t move until late Sunday afternoon!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

Love the hair Marichi. At least it wasn't a disaster.
How good was the free taste testing on the Sake tour. It can be very dangerous though hehehe.
Tini :-)
x

Stacey said...

Sake! Is it served warm? mmmm sounds good, would taste even better when it is free! Nice hair! Did you pick up Winnie the Pooh man???