22 March 2007

Chili Peppers Concert Saga

Well this was a saga and a half. You know how I was telling you in my last entry to “stay tuned” for this concert? Well I have a BIG story for you!

So we were in a rush on Monday after school because we had to have all our things ready to go as soon as we got to the train station after school. We got to Osaka in record time, quickly had something crap and unhealthy to eat (a Japanese version of McDonalds) and rushed to get to this concert held at the Osaka Dome. We got to the dome, and this strange, eerie silence surrounded us. We could hear no music, no laughter, no people and the doors weren’t even open. We were so confused and baffled by this situation that was presented before us. I said to the others, “Geez, the Osaka Dome has pretty sound proof walls surrounding it because I can’t hear anything.” Everyone agreed.

We were walking around the dome trying to find an entrance to get in. It was so strange that noone was even hanging around the outside of the dome, not one soul. We were beginning to think that we had the wrong date! Eventually, we spotted this sign. It said something like this:

“We are sorry to announce that the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert has been cancelled for 19th March due to Anthony Keitis (the lead singer of the Chilis) having bronchitis. Please hold on to your tickets as the concert will be held later on in the year.”

Well you could imagine the disappointment on my face after reading that sign. I was shattered! I had taken a day off the next day, booked a hotel that night and had my concert clothes on ready to go…and then this! No Chilis!

So we walked back to the train station with our tails between our legs and our heads down feeling sad and ripped off. Lauren’s friend, Renee got the raw end of the deal because she was just visiting for two weeks and she had a ticket, so there was no way that she was going to be able to make the concert later on in the year. I felt for her that night!

Anyway, we got back to the main part of Osaka and decided to drown in our sorrows and look for a place to eat cake and coffee. Well, what else do you do after feeling disappointed other than eating cake? It did make me feel better though coz it tasted so good!

We wondered around for a little more and then went to bed after a sad, sorrowful night! (I soon got over it, though – at least I have something else to look forward to later on in the year!) The next part of the story is really cool!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Bummer about the Chili's but at least we have a funny story to tell.....