11 October 2007

Akashi

Akashi is a small town in the Hyogo Prefecture, but it has a really beautiful castle and a nice garden surrounding the castle.

I walked through the Akashi Castle’s garden and it was really peaceful and relaxing. This was the lake that was near the castle.


There were also some cute turtles that I spotted swimming and talking to each other.


After walking around the castle, I went to the Planetarium where you can learn about the planets, the solar system and the universe.

In one of the rooms, it had pictures of al the star signs and they were so beautiful that I took a photo of my own star sign – virgo. I went inside a large, circular room and was able to see all the star formations in the sky and the sun slowly moving in the sky turning day into night. The chairs were really comfortable as they were reclining chairs and I felt so relaxed that I actually fell asleep! I wasn’t the only one though, there were about five men behind me all snoring their heads off while the school children were cracking up laughing at them!

I also tried Akashiyaki. This is like takoyaki (octopus balls), but it is specific to Akashi. I had a bad experience with takoyaki at the Osaka Castle once, so they didn’t quite taste as good as I thought they would, but I’m sure that I would have enjoyed eating them if I hadn’t had a bad experience in the past!

I’m glad I visited Akashi because it is the sort of town that could get forgotten as it is on the way to Kobe and Osaka by train. It is a beautiful town though and worth a look!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

You hike looked cool. I am jealous....!! I can't wait to climb Sepico. We have been hanging for that one for ages. YAY :-)

Lauren said...

I would like to visit Akashi too! There must be a lot of places we by pass on the train - if only we had more time . . .