11 October 2007

Amanohashidate

Amanohashidate is a place in the country-side of Kyoto which contains one of the three most beautiful views in Japan.

This particular view is so unique because it is a strip of land in the middle of the ocean that looks like it is floating above the water, hence its name. Amano- meaning sky, hashi- meaning bridge and date- meaning floating.

When you look at it upside down (you have to bend over and put your head between your legs) you can actually see that it looks like it is floating above the water.

We went up the chair lifts to get a good view.

The chairlifts were a little scary and unsafe because it was just a small chair connected to a pole which was connected to a wire which pulled you up the mountain. The chair didn't have a chain to strap you in, so if you moved too much in the chair, you could easily fall out. It was very peaceful and relaxing though because everyone was quiet and there was classical music playing as you got pulled up the mountain on this chair.

There was also a really cool bridge that moves when ships go past it. It looked really nice and definately photo worthy!


I took some nice photos of Amanohashidate. The weather was perfect and the sky was blue, so I got some nice photos of the blue sky against the land and the water.


I even rode in the small kiddy ferris wheel because I wanted to get a better view. I was really glad I went on the ferris wheel!

I think Amanohashidate is a beautiful place and definitely worth visiting, considering it has one of the most beautiful views in Japan. It was so peaceful and enjoyable. There were so many people on the day we went because it was such a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Tinz said...

You're lucky! I wish I got to go there. It looks really beautiful! BUT you look lke a dork looking through your legs.

Lauren said...

I really loved Amanohashidate too! Your photos are so different as it was a lot cooler when I went there.