2 October 2007

Plastic Food Prices

Almost every restaurant in Japan has plastic food in the shop windows.

I think it’s a really good idea because then you know exactly what you are gonna get and exactly what it looks like. It is also good for foreigners like me because if there is something I don’t understand, I can just point to the food that I want to order.

Anyway, we were shopping in Tokyo the other day and I saw some plastic food for sale. I couldn’t believe the price of each piece of food. One piece of sushi cost 1600 yen which is around $16 and a bowl of food cost around 9000 yen which is $90. It looked so real and so yummy, but it was so expensive! So restaurants must invest a lot of money to get their plastic food made to put on display in their windows. I just didn’t realise how much they actually spent!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

Unbelievably expensive but just as well they have it hey??

Lauren said...

What a cool job! I want to make fake food :)