2 October 2007

Tokyo’s crazy fashion

There are so many people in Tokyo – more people than any other city in the world, in fact, so naturally, they are all different. They think differently, act differently and dress differently! These are some of the amazing and out-there fashions that you would only see in a place like Tokyo!

This shop is designed for people who enjoy dressing up in pretty dresses.


They look like porcelain dolls when you see them in the streets with their make-up and hair all done nicely.


An alternative bleach-blonde-haired guy hanging out on the steps in front of Shinjuku Station.


There are plenty of sexy outfits here to choose from – if that’s your thing!


Men in suits = hosts!


Even Disney Sea had many interesting fashions. We couldn’t believe how much people liked to dress up to go to a theme park. Some of their shoes would have been so uncomfortable to walk in all day…OUCH!!!

A cute little girl dressed as a fairy.


Not the sort of outfit I would choose to hang out in Disney Sea, but I think she pulls it off pretty well!


I love this playing cards dress!


I wanted to capture the essence of fashion in Tokyo, but there are so many different kinds of fashions that it would take months to get good photographs of all the different types of fashion. This is just a taste of what I saw. Nothing like what you would find in Australia, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

All the fashions are so cool to look at - I just can't get enough. I wish we could get better pictures of them though hey??

Lauren said...

I think the hosts are my favourite :) But there are a lot of cool fashions in Japan and especially in Tokyo!