2 October 2007

Akiharbara

I wanted to go to Akiharbara in Tokyo because I wanted to see the Japanese Anime and the maid cafes.

Japanese anime is all over Akiharbara and it is really interesting. I am so interested in it that I bought a book in the book store which teaches you how to draw anime. One day I will become really good…hopefully!

Tina, Lauren and I also wanted to experience going into a Maid Café. There are only waitresses in a Maid Café and all the waitresses are dressed up as maids. It is so interesting.

They look really cute, but it still feels a little strange to be served by a maid in a short frilly dress! The maid who served us was really nice to us and she even poured the milk in our coffee and stirred it for us! It cost 500 yen ($5) to sit down and then an extra 500 yen ($5) to have a coffee. Pretty expensive, but it was worth it just to experience what it was like. I think that Maid Cafes are supposed to be for men and I’m sure they would get more than just a drink at some of them if they wanted to!!! At the café we went to, women were allowed to enter, but in some Maid Cafés, only men are allowed in. It was definitely an interesting experience!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

This was a really funny experience. I am really glad we decided to go in though.

Lauren said...

It was good - definitely not "kinki" like some people said!