2 October 2007

Kobe with the Folks

Mum and Dad had never been to Kobe before, so Shinya helped me to show them around the city. First we took them to Harbour Land. They enjoyed this as it had a great view of all the boats entering and departing the harbour.

We then went to China Town which was exciting for them to walk down as this was the first time they had been to a China Town in Japan. We ate a really nice sesame sweet and then we had a steamed bun which had meat and onion inside it. It was a cheap lunch, but probably close to being one of the most delicious lunches I have had!

After lunch, we went to Shinya’s mum’s coffee shop and had coffee and cake there. This is Mum, Dad and I with Shinya, Shinya’s Mum and Shinya’s sister.


We then met up with Lauren and her Mum, Jenny so that we could go to the top of Mt Rokko and see the best night view in the Kansai area. It was definitely the best because we were so high up the top of this mountain and we could see almost all the lights in Kobe and also in Osaka! It was amazing!

This is Kobe’s night view. Pretty spectacular, huh?


Lauren and I with both our parents.

2 comments:

Tinz said...

Mt Rokko at night looks wicked!

Lauren said...

That was an amazing view - I'm so glad I did it! Another thing to cross off my list of things to do!