1 May 2007

80’s night in Kobe

Tina, Lauren and I had planned to go and hit the town on Friday night in Kobe at an Irish pub called Ryan’s. Many foreigners go there which is a bit of a disappointment because it is way cooler to go out to places where there are heaps of Japanese people coz then we get to practise speaking in Japanese and we get to make Japanese friends. We had a really good time though. Bill came with us too and I think he really enjoyed himself. Bill goes every weekend pretty much, so he was like a regular there! Bill is another Australian who lives in our apartment block who is also an English teacher. He is pretty cool and we had a good night with him.



We even got to eat a chicken parmigiana which is what I have been DYING to eat since I have been in Japan! It was soooo good! I loved every bite of it. Bill was about to take my plate away from me when I hadn’t even finished my food. I was so distraught when he did that! I had three chips and a bit of salad left on my plate and I couldn’t believe he was about to take my food away from me! I took it back from him and savoured the taste of my last three chips and salad!

Tina, Lauren, Bill and I danced the night away at Ryan’s to cool 80’s music. It was lots of fun. We had a really good night and enjoyed dancing and drinking red wine!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

Gotta love the 80's and a good parmi!!

Lauren said...

That was a great dancing night - we will have to go back again soon!