1 May 2007

Shirasagi Residence

I live in a building called the Shirasagi Residence. It is a really cool, new building and my apartment is really nice. Just the other day, I took some photos of the view from my balcony on the third floor. Not bad, eh? I think it is really pretty and I love leaving my apartment everyday and looking at the view of the mountains. It is beautiful!

Lauren took a photo of the Shirasagi Residence from the top of a hill.

So this is what the building that I live in looks like. It was really funny that day because we were looking for a place to kick the footy (seeming as the footy season has just started and we felt like being all Australian!) and we stumbled across this park with a whole heap of kids playing baseball. We talked to the kids for a little while and then this older boy who looked all tough and rough started speaking to us. He told us he was in the mafia, and we told him we thought he looked scary…he didn’t really! He was wearing a flannelette shirt with black jeans and a chain and his hair do was all trendy looking. He was pretty funny though. While Lauren was taking a photo of the Shirasagi Residence, he was down below posing for the photo with his friend, so Lauren took a photo of him and his friend! I think he felt special that Lauren took a photo of him!

It is so funny when random people come up and speak to us just because we are foreigners. It happens often, though. They get all excited that we are from a different country and want to speak English to us! One day, I was walking back from the bus station when this man came up to me. He said, “nan ji?” which means, “what is the time?” Well I was getting all stressed because I was only just starting to learn the time in Japanese and I was worried that I didn’t know how to tell him what the time was. I was looking at my watch and studying it for ages and then he said, “nani jin…Australian?” Then I realised that he didn’t want to know what the time was, but he wanted to know what nationality I was! So I must have looked so stupid studying my watch for ages trying to work out what the time was! He was probably thinking, “you’re not gonna find your answer there, buddy!” That kind of stuff happens to me often. I never know what people are talking about and always seem to be the one left looking like a fool! Oh well, at least it keeps people entertained! I don’t mind if the joke’s on me!

No comments: