24 May 2007

Dumb bike story continued…

After taking my bike in to get fixed the first time, it still wasn’t right, so I decided to take it back in for the second time to see if they could fix the problem. Anyway, I walked my bike in the shop and this time, I didn’t even try to speak in Japanese because I was too scared I would say something like, “my plane is broken!” so I thought it was safe just to say, “look here, mate. My bike is still broken and I need you to fix it.” Well he seemed to understand that one! He said that it was going to take a week to get fixed and it was going to cost about fifty bucks. So I agreed to it and was thinking it was going to be a bit hard to get back home without a bike. Anyway, he must have read my mind because the next thing I knew, he was talking about something in Japanese that I didn’t understand and so he got another bike and took me outside to show me. It was a rental bike! How funny! I have heard of rental cars, but I have never heard of rental bikes before!

So I thanked the man (who thought I was an idiot) and went on my merry little way with my rental bike! Then I was thinking to myself, “what happens if I crash this bike? Would I have to go back in and ask him to fix the rental bike and see if he would give me another rental bike?” These sorts of issues are usually not a problem for most people, but for me, it is a very likely situation!

Anyway, I was riding to school the other day, and I did crash that rental bike! I fell flat on my side and got this MASSIVE bruise on the top of my leg. It is enormous! The kind of bruise to be proud of! Luckily, I didn’t do any damage to the rental bike, so I was pretty safe. I ended up getting my bike back and that was the end of that! PHEW!!! If I had to have it for any longer than a week, I can guarantee that there would have been a disaster!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Lucky you didn't have to take out rental bike insurance! Your bruise is pretty good though!!!