1 May 2007

Kobe and Jazz

On Roley’s last night in Japan, Lauren, Mariko (a teacher from my work) and I took him to an oyster bar. They made the best oysters, but at the most expensive prices! One oyster cost 600 yen which is around six dollars! It was crazy!

They tasted good though and the oysters were as big as my whole hand! I couldn't believe how big they were! The view from the Oyster Bar was spectacular. You could look down and see the beautiful lights of Kobe from the window. I think that was part of what we were paying for!

After eating about three oysters each (because that was all we could afford) we took Roley to a famous jazz club in Kobe called Sone. I have been to this jazz club before and in one of my previous entries on my blog, I wrote about a cool jazz singer who I spoke to and thought she had an amazing voice. Well this amazing singer just happened to be singing back in Kobe again this same night! It was so cool. I got really excited when I saw her and I knew it was her straight away. Her name is Keiko. After her set, Roley and I went to speak to her and she remembered me from last time. We exchanged email addresses and said we would keep in touch. It was a good night and Roley was really happy that he got to hear some jazz whilst in Japan. Listening to a jazz band in Japan was on the top of his list of priorities so I’m glad that he got to see it. His last night was worth while in the end!

I think Roley really enjoyed himself in Japan, so that is a slight hint to all of you who are contemplating coming to visit me. You will have the time of your life, so just buy a plane ticket and come on down! You will LOVE Japan, I promise you that!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Hope those oysters were good. At least you had a nice view!!