9 May 2007

Another dumb story to add to the list!

You would not believe what I did today! I did so many dumb things! I will start from the beginning:

I usually carry my lunch in a separate bag from my backpack in the morning so that it doesn’t get squashed. Then when I got to school, I used the same bag that had my lunch in it to carry around from lesson to lesson, so I took out all the other things like my purse and my ipod that usually stay in there.

Anyway, it was the end of the day and I decided to leave that bag at school because I didn't really need it to go home with. Then, when I got to the bike park to get my bike, I was looking for my bike key when I realised that I had left it at school. Attached to that bike key was my house key, so I was locked out of my house and I had to leave my bike at the station!

So I walked all the way home, feeling annoyed at my stupidity and absent-mindedness – I should be used to this by now! I got to my apartment building and asked the custodian if he had another key, and thankfully, he did! I was safe – I didn't have to sleep in the gutter! YES!!

Anyway, prior to this day, I did another stupid thing. I actually have two bikes. The one I have been riding has been my old one because I was riding my new bike home one day and crashed into this cement pole that I just didn't happen to see! Since then, my new bike kept on making funny noises and I had been meaning to get it fixed.

Well, desperate times called for desperate measures, so I got my new bike that was broken and rode it to the bike shop to see if they could fix it. Well I was trying to speak in Japanese, but to no avail! I said to the man: “watashi no densha wa broken” (It means my bike is broken, but I didn't know how to say “broken” in Japanese). Then the man and his mate next to him kept on sniggering to each other while he was fixing my bike. I didn’t understand why. Then I finally realised, “densha” in English means train, not bike! So I told him that my train was broken! Haha What an idiot!

So if you ever feel stupid or dumb for something you have done, just think of my dumb stories and it will make you feel better. There is always someone worse off than you that can make you feel better about things. That's what I am here for!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Well, well, well - what can I say Marichi??? You've given soooo many people amo.