7 May 2007

Disgusting dinner in Nagasaki

Our dinner in Nagasaki this night was probably the most memorable dinner I will ever have in Japan – and not in a good way! We again, were struggling to find a place to eat because everything was so busy and we kept on being turned away from all these restaurants. We eventually got so frustrated that we walked into this restaurant that had only a Japanese menu with no English translations. We had no idea what we were ordering.

I ordered this meal that I thought was green beans and beef, but when they served it to me, it was this disgusting looking meal that looked like boiled cabbage mixed with tomatoes. When I tried it, it was cold – like it had just come out of the fridge, and it definitely was NOT cabbage! It took me ages to chew it and swallow it and I still had no idea what I was eating. I asked this man sitting near us and he said it was a sea creature – I think it was a sea urchin! It was so disgusting that I couldn’t eat any of it! I couldn’t even stand having the plate near me coz it looked so rank! The man was just laughing at my face as I screwed it up every time I looked at that plate! It was funny, but not at the same time, because I was still hungry and angry that I had ordered something that tasted and looked so bad! Tina and Lauren were kind enough to give me some of their food because they felt sorry for me that I had ordered something that looked like a dog’s breakfast!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

I think you picked the worst thing on the menu....it was pretty funny though! Lucky Lauren and I ordered something good.