24 May 2007

First Grade Teacher’s Party

I was invited to go to a party with all the first grade teachers the other weekend. Our first party was at this cool Japanese restaurant and we ate a massive meal consisting of various traditional Japanese foods. The food tasted delicious! It just kept on coming out – plates and plates of food would come out and be put right in front of me! I was loving it! My favourite was the lime chuhai. This is a special Japanese alcoholic drink that tasted sooo good! It was a little bit sweet, but not too sweet so it went down quite nicely!

After our first party, we went to our second party. Apparently this is a common occurrence with Japanese parties. They have two or three parties throughout the night. Well our second party was straight to the karaoke bar! I was so amazed by how good all of the teacher’s voices were. They all sounded amazing with perfect pitch and perfect timing. Then I came on and I don't think they ever wanted to hear me sing again! I sang “Love Shack” and they were all laughing and clapping. Then I sang a second song coz I was getting in the mood and pretty much straight after my song, they all wanted to go! Well I didn’t take it personally because I thought I sounded…well…pretty bad actually, but I had fun, anyway! My second song was “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi which is one of my favourites because it reminds me of when I was acting crazy and having the time of my life on the contiki tour in New Zealand! I got the air guitar out and cranked it up during my song! I think they thought I was crazy. Well, they weren’t far off the mark!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

The food always seems to just keep coming hey? Karaoke is heaps of fun - we should do it more often!!