14 August 2007

The Biggest Fireworks Festival In The World!!!

We went to Osaka which holds the biggest fireworks festival in the world! Over 120 000 fireworks went off that night! I went with Lauren, Mum and Dad. There were sooooo many people there and the train was absolutely packed with people the entire time! I think there would have been tens of thousands of people who attended this festival. Many girls dressed up in their yukatas for the occasion and looked lovely, of course!

There were also many food stalls at the festival and by the time we got there, we were starving, so Lauren and I ate yummy okonomiyaki – my favourite Japanese dish!

We found a nice, cosy spot to sit down and watch the fireworks and I loved every minute of them. They went for over an hour – just fire work after fire work! It was beautiful. It was so cool to see how each firework lit up the entire sky with a range of different colours and patterns.

My favourite part was the finale where the fireworks were so amazing that they lit up the sky so brightly that it felt like it was day time and you could see the blue sky in the background! I have never experienced such amazing fireworks before and I can see why it is called the biggest fireworks festival in the world! I am so glad that I got to witness it!

This is my favourite shot of the fireworks I took that night.

2 comments:

Tinz said...

Fireworks are much more amazing in Japan!!!

Lauren said...

This was a really amazing festival! I love how in Japan there are festivals for each season.