14 August 2007

Okayama with mum and dad

This is my second time visiting Okayama.


I really love this city because it has the most beautiful gardens. The gardens are called Korakuen and summer is a really good time to see it because everything is green and lush. We spent a good hour walking around the garden enjoying the beauty of the trees and flowers.















My favourite part of the garden was the lilly pads. There were thousands of lilly pads that stood about two metres high from the pond and they looked amazing. I took a nice close-up shot of one of them because I like the look of the dew which sat perfectly in the centre of the lilly pads.

















There was also a really funky bridge in the garden that is in a zig-zag pattern. I would love to have a bridge like this in my backyard one day! It looks really cool!















We also went to the Okayama Castle, but we didn't go inside because we were running out of time. I like how the castle is all black – its so different to the Himeji Castle.

I would definitely visit Okayama again.


I really want to go to the garden at night time during the summer because they have many colourful lights shining on the plants and apparently the illumination is supposed to look amazing. That’s another one to put on the list of things to do!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

YES - this garden is truly amazing!! I enjoyed it much better this time round.

Lauren said...

Hmm the garden would be so romantic at night time with all the lights!!! :)