10 August 2007

Osaka All-nighter

This was a funny night. Osaka is about a one-hour train ride from Himeji and the last train from Osaka returns to Himeji at around 11pm, so if you decide to go out in Osaka, you either have to pull an all-nighter, or you have to book a hotel which can be quite expensive. The all-nighter option seemed much cheaper and more exciting, so I decided on that one!

I went out with Lexi, Chelsea, Michelle, Steve, Steve’s friends (All Americans who live in our building), Lauren and Kate (Lauren’s sister). We had such a great time.


First, we decided to go to a host bar which was the second one I have ever been to. It was pretty hard to know what to say to them, but Lauren marched right up to one of the spiffy guys in suits and asked (in Japanese) if they were hosts. Then we asked them if we could go into their host bar and they showed us the way in. It was so embarrassing and funny and awkward, but a good experience all in all. I don’t think I would go to another one, but it was funny to go as a group and have a laugh.

We went to Mackers for a bit to recuperate after a funny time in the host bar and met these cute Japanese girls sitting there eating Mackers in their pyjamas. I just had to take a photo of them because it was so out of the ordinary! Anything goes in Japan!











We went to Joule Nightclub after that and had a bit of a boogie, but the music wasn’t really that great. It was a bit too doof, doof for me, but I was enjoying myself, so I danced for a while anyway.

Chelsea and I were getting a bit tired after a while, so we decided to see if we could find an internet café to crash at until we could catch the train back to Himeji in the morning. We were looking around and then we stumbled across the same guys that were the hosts of that host bar. They kindly showed us the way to an internet café close by and we crashed there for a couple of hours before returning to Himeji feeling a little worse for wear!

It was a great night. Not one that I would repeat every weekend, but good for going out once in a while to experience the awesome nightlife that Osaka has to offer – especially on a nice summer’s night!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

you party animal you!