10 August 2007

Kyoto with our friends


Kyoto was full of action and excitement! There was a big group of us going to Kyoto over the long weekend for the Gion Festival which is the biggest festival in Kyoto for the year. The group consisted of me, Aleysha, Tina, Alicia (Tina’s friend), Lauren, Kate (Lauren’s sister), Steve and Yoko (our Japanese friend).

We did a bit of sight-seeing before going to the festival at night. We went to Kiyo Mizu which is one of my favourite places in Kyoto (but I have so many that it’s hard to say which one I love the best!).



I have been there once before, but this time I decided to go to the sacred waterfall, buy a special cup, catch the sacred water from the waterfall and drink it. It was a great experience, but I felt a little stressed because I was carrying my umbrella, my bag, my cup and the stick to put the cup in all at once and there was a huge line of people waiting for their turn. I drank some water in the end though, and enjoyed every drop!

We also went to the love shrine at Kiyo Mizu. It was great. One of the superstitions at the love shrine is that if you can successfully walk from one pole to the other pole with your eyes closed, you will get good luck in love. So of course, all the single girls in our group rose up to this challenge.



This photo is of me guiding Aleysha through the sea of people, umbrella and all, from one pole to the next. We all completed this mission successfully, but lost a bit of our dignity as we had so many Japanese people looking at us strangely and laughing. At least we entertained them!!! Who knows if will actually work and we get lucky in love…

1 comment:

Tinz said...

You looked like a pro doing the water Marie. What's happening in the "love" department.....did the walk work???