10 August 2007

Final Goodbye Lunch with Nada Staff

Sadly, I no longer work at Nada Junior High School. Part of my contract for this year, was that I am expected to work at two different schools. I finished at Nada in July and start up at my new school, Handa Junior High School in September. I had such a great time getting to know the teachers and the students at Nada. I really enjoyed my time there and made some really good friends who I will definitely continue to catch up with during the year.

On my last day at Nada, I received some beautiful gifts from some of the teachers. All the English teachers at the school gave me a really nice golden fan with sakura (cherry blossoms) painted on it. I also received lots of chocolates and sweets and from one of my favourite teachers, I received three small plates that she made herself. They are so cool! I got a little coin purse and tissue holder from another teacher, too. They were so nice to give me such thoughtful gifts.








During the whole school assembly I had to say a speech in Japanese about my time at Nada and then in response, one of the students came up and said a speech to me. It was so sweet and cute! He said it in Japanese, and I understood some of it, but then one of the teachers translated it for me so that I could understand the whole thing. It was really cool!

We went out for lunch with all the female teachers and it was really nice to spend a little bit more time with them and get their email addresses so that we could keep in touch. They took me to a tofu restaurant and we ate tofu cooked in every single way you could possibly imagine! It all tasted great!















I’m really gonna miss Nada, but at the same time, I am looking forward to meeting new teachers and new students at my next school.

1 comment:

Tinz said...

bye bye Nada! I'm sure your new school will be just as good.